El Centro Hispano's Membership:
El Centro Hispano is a membership-based, non-for-profit organization. It is thanks to the support of individuals, families and partnering businesses and organizations that El Centro Hispano has been able to become the strong vibrant organization it is today. Membership has the goal of integrating Hispanics/Latinos and other allies more fully into the organization and the community in which they live by becoming stakeholders in the organization. It is the membership of El Centro Hispano who nominates and elects annually the Board of Directors.
Why become a member?
- To help El Centro Hispano – your membership contribution will help pay for our valuable programs such as the Members’ Resource Office
- To strengthen the Latino community – by creating a strong local organization
- To ensure that El Centro focuses on your priorities — members have the right to nominate, be nominated for and vote annual for board members
- To learn more about the Hispanic/Latino community – become better acquainted with what is happening with the Triangle’s growing Latino population
- To support local owned businesses — through our member discount program
What are the benefits?
- A membership card with photo
- The right to vote for the Board of Directors (must be 15 years or older)
- Discounts at El Centro Hispano events and programs
- El Centro’s quarterly newsletter mailed to your home
- Discounts at local partner businesses
- It’s tax deductible!
- It makes you feel good!
Annual Membership Fees
- $30 Individual
- $45 Family
All dues are yearly. A Family is 1 or 2 adults and their children under the age of 18.
How become a member?
- Come by El Centro Hispano and fill out a membership registration form(just five minutes), or print the form from our website, or call to have it sent to you by mail.
- Pay your membership fee
- To enjoy the discounts at partner businesses, you will need to come to El Centro in person to have a photo ID card made.
- For more information contact our Membership: Francisco Duque. Tel: 919-687-4635 Ext 132.
- You may also mail your donation to: 2000 Chapel Hill Road, Suite 26A, Durham, NC 27701 (919) 687-4635