Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Establish a mechanism to address factors that impact social, economic and political environments that shape and constrain individual, community, and societal health outcomes.
- Assist with/conduct community needs assessments to identify priority health concerns.
- Assist in the development of culturally appropriate programs and interventions to improve health outcomes and eliminate disparities
Access to Healthcare and Health Insurance
- Reduce the rate of uninsured Hispanic/Latino community members
- Increase awareness of health insurance options and enrollment
- Increase the capacity of community members to use health insurance
- Increase the number of children with health coverage
- Increase access to culturally & linguistically appropriate health and human services
- Eliminate barriers to accessing care among community members
- Increase the number of skilled bilingual, bicultural staff hired across the spectrum, from direct service to management to administrative positions
- Build capacity of the existing and upcoming workforce to better work with and/or provide services to Hispanic/Latino community
- Increase awareness and support for addressing issues affecting Hispanics/Latinos by local and state government officials